Your Home & You!
Your Home Security!
Your Home Contents!
Why should you choose us to insure your home:
We all know how costly and how infuriating it can feel when a pipe bursts, a fire starts or a cyclone damages your rooftop.
With our Household Comprehensive Cover, you can rest assured that you will be provided with the required financial protection and sought-after peace of mind.
You may choose to insure your home or its contents, or even both and can even add other covers, if need be, to your package.
- Affordable Premiums,
- A Customised Package suited to your needs,
- A Reliable Service.
Get a SPEEDQUOTE in 3 minutes!
Some details about your home...
Our Offices Near You
|Mauritius Union Group
4, Léoville L'homme Street
VIP Commercial Centre
VIP Village Belmont, Goodlands
|Black River Branch
99, Royal Road
La Mivoie, Black River
|207 5500||283 3985||483 4900|
|212 2962||282 0620||483 7147|
Rue Cent Gaulettes
|Rose Belle Branch
Centre Commercial du Vieux Moulin
|631 2901||670 0590||627 3360|
|631 2276||674 1054||627 1447|
1st Floor, Trianon Shopping Park
|Rose Hill Branch
Royal Road, Rose Hill
(next to the Presbyterian Church)
|Grand Bay Branch
Grand Bay La Croisette
|454 6789||467 9313||269 4115|
|454 6708||467 9318||269 4123|
Flacq Shopping Mall
Centre de Flacq
Summary of Cover
For your Home (if you are the owner)
Loss of or damage to the Residence & Outbuildings against the following Perils:
Fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake, tidal waves, volcanic eruption, tsunami, cyclone, storm, flood or inundation, subsidence or landslip, bursting or overflowing of water tanks, riots, strikes and malicious persons' acts, burglary and theft, impact by vehicles, aircraft
Residence means the private dwelling and the domestic quarters, garages and outbuildings on the same premises and used therewith. They are covered against the perils mentioned above
Free extra benefits
- Indemnity on a « new for old » basis
- Breakage of fixed glass and sanitary fixtures
- Loss of rent
- Rebuilding costs
- Replacement of locks to external doors and alarms up to Rs 5,000
- Contracting Purchaser
For your Contents
Contents mean the household goods and personal effects, belonging to you or any member of your family permanently residing with you.
They are covered against the perils mentioned in Home Section above, whilst contained in the buildings and when temporarily removed
Free extra benefits
- Indemnity on a « new for old » basis (except clothing and personal effects)
- Loss of cash by Burglary up to Rs 2,500
- Breakage of glass mittors and sanitary fixtures
- Loss of rent and cost of alternative accomodation
- Fatal injury to Insured and Insured’s spouse (Death Benefit up to Rs 100,000)
- Accidental Damage to home entertainment equipment
- Accidental Damage to home entertainment equipment
Plumbing, Electrical Work, Door Lock and Repair of Window Pane Services as per Terms and Conditions set out in "Home Assist 24 Hours Emergency Home Service Assistance".
Additional Benefits cover the following :
- Modification Costs of your house(necessary expenses up to a limit of Rs 100,000 incurred in respect of costs of modification of the residence should you and/or your wife/husband/children permanently residing with you become permanently disabled as a result of an accident during the period of insurance)
- Boarding Up Costs (cost of boarding up or otherwise securing of the Residence damaged as a result of Cyclone/Flood or Burglary Insured Peril until such time as permanent repairs are effected up to a limit of Rs 10,000 for the period of insurance)
- Food Spoilage (This cover applies to spoilage of food which occurs at your Residence while contained in a refrigerator or freezer up to a limit of Rs 5,000 for the Period of Insurance)
- Trace and Access ( payment of reasonable costs and expenses incurred in locating actual source of damage and repairs directly arising therefrom caused by escape of water from any tank, apparatus or pipe, provided such damage is insured under your Policy up to a limit of Rs 15,000 for the Period of Insurance)
- Involuntary Loss of Employment (A maximum monthly benefit of Rs 25,000 payable to the Insured in respect of Mortgage and School Fees in the event of your Involuntary Loss of Employment of the Insured up to a maximum period of 6 months)
Tenant Cover (if you are not the owner)
If you are a tenant of the Residence you occupy, this insurance will cover your legal liability towards your landlord for damage by Fire and Explosion to his property
Will indemnify you or a related insured for any sum, which you or the related insured shall be legally liable to pay as a result of an event in respect of bodily injury, damage to material property and any legal costs incurred with the written consent of the Company in the defence of a claim, within the territorial limits of Mauritius up to the limit provided under the Policy, subject to the terms applicable.
You are covered for your legal liability to any household employee under a contract of service for bodily injury or disease arising out of and in the course of his employment by you whether he may be an indoor servant or outdoor servant.
Terms & Conditions
We shall not be held responsible for any miscalculation which may be generated by the quote system and should such an event occur then the contract shall be void for lack of consent on our part. However, in such an event, we shall notify you formally within seven days as well as shall rectify the misquote and propose a new quote which you will be free to either accept or reject.
The following are the terms and conditions of the User Agreement between MUA and You for all pre-sale application for any one or more of our Products through the Company's Web site (the "Site"). If you do not agree to the following terms and conditions, you will not be able to apply for anything of our products online, so You are requested to review the said terms and conditions carefully. .
The On-Line Proposal Form is the medium through which the Company shall assess your needs and risks in respect of any one or more of our Products through the Company's Web site (the "Site"). All the information that you provide therein is legally binding, which may be used by the Company and shall remain strictly confidential between You and the Company and not imparted to any third party whatsoever.
You represent and warrant that
(i) the email stated below is your email address on which all binding communication to be received by You or sent out to the MUA
(ii) the information supplied is true, correct and complete and;
(iii) you shall take full responsibility of any instruction, acceptance or undertaking which are issued to the MUA from that email address;
(iv) you shall immediately notify the MUA in event that you change email address;
(v) you shall at all material times keep your password confidential;
(vi) Company does not protect you from unauthorized use of your password.
(vii) You undertake to bear any responsibility in any form whatsoever that may arise due to liability arising from any unauthorized use of your password.